Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week 1

What a week! It started off great & ended with me feeling not so great. My super bad digestive system kicked in full gear & I was hardly able to stand up. Luckily mom my came back down & Gordon has done the middle of the night feedings & a ton of kid watching. I am feeling MUCH better today & should be back on track! FINALLY! Here are a few pictures from our first week with Carley. Cuddle bug Carley. Her umbilical cord fell out today - gag! So glad it's gone!!
Ready to go out. She looks a little stunned to be in her car seat.


Sleepy head! Carley is WAY more sleepy than Mya was. It makes the transition from 1 to 2 a little easier I think.

Ready for a little outing.




This was such a cute moment. I was loading the dish washer & looked over to see my sweet Mya reading to Carley. She likes to push her in the swing too.



My Grandparents stopped by for a surprise visit last Sunday. It was neat for them to see the girls. We don't see them but a few times per year.


Carley's first bath (sponge bath). My mom gives the best baby baths - she makes them smell SOOO good!




The 4th of July landed on the day after we got home from the hospital so needless to say we didn't do anything. My mom bought some poppers & we threw them on the front porch & had KFC for dinner!! WooHoo! We are usually in Flag for the 4th - next year for sure!


Cute little sisters watching morning cartoons together. This is our first morning back after the hospital. I think of these two like a little Nicole & Camille. Mya totally has my disposition & it seems like Carley has Gordon's (sweet & kind).


8 comments:

Meg and Jeremy said...

Ohh! She is just so sweet. And what a good big sister Mya is. Can't wait to meet her and see you all again. We love you!

Camille said...

I am so happy that Mya is liking Carly more than we thought...what a relief...it is nice that they sleep a lot cause you can still give the older one lots of attention. R is staying awake longer lately and it is a little frustrating for P i think...oh well adjustment adjustment.

Camille said...

PS that is like me and you chillin and watching cartoons! OK gotta go to bed and find R pacifier...ahh the only one she likes and it is MIA..im in trouble tonight =)

kayleen said...

Oh my gosh I don't think your kids could be any cuter! I am so happy for you and hope that you continue to feel better. I love you all!

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness they are soo cute together! What a great big sis Mya is going to be! Hooray!!!!! I sm glad you are feelng better!

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

Congrats!! She is adorable!! Glad you are feeling better and things are going smooth! 8-)

KS said...

I love reading your blog, Nicole. You crack me up. Your girls look so cute together!
Sorry you weren't feeling well. Post-pregnancy digestion is the worst. I'm sure it's even worse when you have problems with that in the first place. Ugh.
So sorry we haven't been able to help you out. Landon is better and not contagious (according to the doctor), but he still sounds a little rattley when he breathes, so I don't want to take any chances and get your sweet baby sick. I will call you over the weekend and maybe we can swing by next week!

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

I feel so bad that you weren't feeling well, sorry I didn't help you out. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Carley is sure sweet and cute, I am so glad I got to see her the other day. I love that Mya already loves Carley and it being tender with her. Two cute girls and lots of fun! Congrats!