Sunday, December 6, 2009

Black & Blue & More


Thanksgiving was so much fun this year! Too bad I forgot my stinkin camera. We started the day off by setting the Christmas tree up (no decorations yet) & going to the movies as a family + my bro. (we saw Old Dogs). Then we went over to my dad's house for a yummy dinner. Mya was excited to play with her cousins (Sammy & Little Jasmine - when we told Mya that Jasmine was going to be at Thanksgiving she thought Princess Jasmine). We played games & visited all having a great time UNTIL THIS HAPPENED....


Which a few days later turned into THIS...

Mya wanted to play out back so Gordon, the good father that he is didn't want Mya to fall into the pool so he went back to supervise. He put Mya in the hamack and someone through a ball & Mya said "I'll get it" not thinking sat up & the hammack tipped over & Mya landed right on the cement face first. I've never seen so many shocked faces as Gordon brought her in screaming. After she calmed down I went to show her herself in the mirror to see the damage - she burst out bawling & said "I'll never be the same". We have had many similar upsets since. "I look funny", "I don't have black eyes, I have blue eyes". This is Mya's first major injury. Her face swelled a lot the day after - so much that she looked cross-eyed.
We hung out a little longer at my dad's after the incident & then went home. I have to say that I was so proud of Mya this day - she acted so grown up & was a total joy to be around.I met up with my mom, brother, & sister at Denny's late that night after my sister got into town. We had a lot of fun shopping & hanging out over the weekend. It was really fun having my sister in town for a few days.

Thaksgiving day.

I didn't get one single picture of Carley's first Thanksgiving (Cathy any pictures?) but we took this one a few days after so I added it for memory sake. Carley pretty much slept the day away & she just cut her two bottom teeth the week before Thanksgiving.



We also went to my brothers Mission Farewell Thanksgiving Sunday. It was in Flagstaff & he did great. It was so fun to see family & eat & play in the snow. It was Mya's first time in the snow - she had a blast throwing snowballs. Of course me, mother of the year, didn't have my camera - seriously what the heck!?!




 Colton & my dad after Colton received his endowments on Nov. 22.


We went to the zoo with some friends a couple weeks ago. It was Carley's first trip - she seemed to like being outside & was pretty good. Mya is sitting on the new TOTALLY GROSS Komoto (sp?) Dragon!!! I was proud of Mya for going into the tree house all by herself for the first time & walking most of the time.

Mya & Ada grooming a goat. I love Adi & Pasilee in the background! Let's just say they're not animal people!

4 comments:

kayleen said...

Wow. I heard the story from Gordon but those are some pretty scary bruises. I hope she is doing better. I am glad you had a good thanksgiving and I am excited for your brother and his mission call. Wish him good luck for me. I love you and can't wait to see you two weeks from today! Oh, and fyi I finally posted a couple of pictures on my blog!

Laura Blue said...

poor mya

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh Poor lil Mya!!! That is so sad!
I can't believe Carly has teeth already!!! WOW!

Camille said...

Pierson saw a picture of a hammack and wanted to "ride" on one. I told him about Myas incident and i think he doesn't want to do it anymore. Hee hee. I told him i would show him the pics tomorrow. Our church got cancelled tomorrow due to the snow...crazy!