This year we decorated our Christmas Tree in phases. 1. Took the tree out of the box & set it up on Thanksgiving day. Mya was VERY insistant about this & has a freaky obsession with candy canes this year. 2. A few days later we did our little tradition of picking out new ornaments & bought candy canes & put them on the tree. This was the best of the 3 phases. 3. Finally a few days later we finished decorating the tree & put up the other decorations. Mya got bored after about 15 minutes SO I pretty much decorated by myself. Fun. We've driven around looking at lights twice so far & it's been really fun & the girls & I went with Kassy & her girls to see the Temple lights. Oh and Gordon took Mya to scouts last week to see the lights at the Temple again. Mya & I have a lot of fun pretending it's Christmas morning & take turns putting gifts under the tree. Mya loves the tree & always wants it plugged in. We have also been singing Christmas songs - Jingle Bells is a favorite. Carley loves all of the lights & family time. No presents purchased yet - maybe next week!!! Ha Ha!!
The final product - can you sense the mood?
Kiss for daddy
Sweet girls - Mya is starting to be a lot nicer & accepting of her baby sister. Of course Carley thinks Mya's a rock star. LOVES any attention that she gets from her.
I thought this was funny - almost the exact same expression.
The fun night a.k.a phase 2.
First ornament
My poor black eyed football player!! Notice the huge box of candy canes.
Carley dropped a candy cane & Mya was obsessed about it. She kept asking about it & didn't think Carley should get to hold anymore.
Mya says every day "Santa is going to leave me 5 presents". She thinks 5 is the highest number ever. Ha Ha!
2 comments:
Fun Fun Fun!
so fun! I am in the Christmas spirit now!!! at least we both did the phase thing! Christmas lights...so fun. I have to say that holidays with kids that are a little bit older are even MORE fun! Love you guys!
Post a Comment