We stayed home again this year on the 4th (yep I totally cried -I always want to be in Flag). It ended up being a better day than I thought.
After lunch at Firehouse Subs Mya talked us into letting her & Carley set up a Kool-Aid Stand. She's been wanting to do this for a while so we gave in. Gordon & I were totally embarrassed! We had some sweet neighbors & friends who came by & purchased some grape Kool-Aid. They made a few bucks & hopefully we won't have to ever do it again.
The girls doing some painting in the morning.
This was the first year we let our girls stay up to watch Fireworks. We went to a church parking lot not to far from home where we were able to watch. It lasted about 30 minutes. The girls were ready to go home after 25 mins! There was a lot of whining from C on the way home & a lot of crying from Mya when we got home. Soooo not sure how long it will be before we try that again. Before we went to play at a park (it wasn't all that hot) & got chicken at KFC (a family tradition that only happens once a year). We had a really nice day!! Happy 4th!
Headed out to watch Fireworks!
The HUGEST beetle I have ever seen landed on Mya & then fell into the car while the girls where standing up through the sun roof! That was an exciting start to the Firework show...
No comments:
Post a Comment