Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day for Three

Gordon & I are lame and didn't plan anything special or romantic for Valentines Day this year. Instead we had a little family valentines celebration! It's funny because we really enjoy Mya's company & most of the time we would rather have her with us than without. Are we weird or do other people feel like this too?!?! Anyways... the night before Gordon & Mya went shopping together & I went shopping alone to get a few little love tokens for each other & then all met for dinner. When we got home Gordon gave Mya & I our flowers... This flower fell off & Mya was happy to have a little flower she could carry around.
Daddy's valentines with our ENORMOUS bouquet!

Ahhhhhh - my little cuties.


Every time I get flowers Mya always tries to touch them & looks at them all the time. So she was really excited to have some flowers of her own.



Valentines morning we all got up and read our cards from each other & opened a few small gifts & ate chocolate! Gordon & I were not presentable so we just have a picture of Mya. She got her own box of chocolates, a stuffed dog, & some princess make-up. She's painting her nails in this picture. She seriously put this make-up on for almost 2 hours straight this morning - I wish I had a picture of her with it all on!!! It was soooo funny & she had a glittery face all day. the highlight of the day was making valentines for Mya's friends & taking them by their houses. Mya was really excited. She picked the cards & candy out herself!!! It was sooo cute & fun to watch. We met Gordon at Olive Garden for lunch. Then later in the evening we went to the mall for a while & then grabbed a super romantic Taco Bell dinner on the way home!!! It was a really nice day. I love my little family a ton!! My best times are when we are all together just hanging out. What a great day to celebrate our love for each other!! Happy Valentines Day!!!




5 comments:

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

What a fun valentines day! I love being around my little family too. I would much rather hang out together than do anything else...so I don't think you are weird!!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Oh you guys are all just so cute! I love being with my kids too and sometimes it feels weird to be without them since we're so used to having them around. And of course you want to be with Mya, she is just too cute and so funny! I am glad you had a fun valentine's day, love the flowers. And wow! Mya's hair is getting so long!

Camille said...

Glad your on a family high because i am sure not. Most of the time i would rather go out without Pierson dinner is MUCH more enjoyable that way...everything else i would used to say yes i would rather have P around but lately in the mist of this crazy tamtrum throwing, yelling, fighting, arguing, crying i would have to say definatly would rather leave him home =) Looks like you guys had a fun (and lame) V day. ; ) love the funny face Mya is making in all her pics now. I was going to post a new blog but since i am in somewhat of a sour mood i think i will wait. Love ya!

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

I am so w/ you on this one, I would rather have the girls w/ me then not any time. What a cute and fun way to spend the day. Thank you so much for your sweet valentine, it made Adi so happy. I never even thought to do that w/ Adi...next year for sure!Mya is welcomed at our house any time, Adi loved having friends over. Mya is funny, I love that little girl!

Abbey said...

The valentine Mya brought for Kyndal was the cutest thing ever! She talked about it all day, she even had to wear the little heart necklace to church the next day. You are such a good mom to think of fun things like that to do, I'm so lame!