Monday, February 9, 2009

Officially an Old Lady

Well it finally happened... I turned 30 yesterday! I don't feel all that old but let's face it 30 seems ancient. LOL! Actually I really don't care about turning 30 but I am starting to realize that life is speeding up & getting faster every day!!
Gordon spoiled me this week. I always try milking my birthdays dry but Gordon beat me to it this year. Last weekend he gave me & rose & a card with EVERY afternoon/evening scheduled with something fun to do. Starting Monday I went for a massage. Tuesday I went to dinner & a movie with my brother. Wednesday I went to dinner, shopping, & out for ice cream. Thursday my mom came down and took me out to lunch, got pedi/manis, dinner, & another movie. Friday my mom took me to lunch again & then watched Mya for me so that Gordon & I could go on a date. Saturday we went to dinner as a family. Sunday my brother came over & we opened presents & had banana cream pie. It was a great week of celebrating with the people I love most. Gordon was so thoughtful & I feel like I've been on mini vacation with all the free time I had to myself.

Mya picked out the b-day decorations - orange, pink, red, & yellow balloons, Transformer b-day hats, & princess plates. What a great combo!! Thanks to everyone for all of the gifts, calls, emails, & thoughtfulness - my 30th was fantastic!!






Nice rack, Chimp! If my face looks a little swollen in these pics it's because I had an AWESOME 3 1/2 hour nap after church! I LOVE sleeping!!


Mya loved opening ALL of my gifts! When Gordon put her to bed she said "mom's birthday party again tomorrow". She loves a good party!

6 comments:

Camille said...

Happy b day nic! Sweet..chimpus hooked you up with an i pod...its about time!!! Now you can download all of your favorite songs and jam out to music when the babies are sleeping! Yipee! I'm glad you had a happy b day and holy cow a 3 1/2 hour nap! Nice transformer hats Jo JO!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Glad you had a good b-day! And I am really glad Gordon took good care of you, otherwise... We miss you and are glad that you're a part of the family!

Anonymous said...

did you check out the picture i posted on my blog...oh the good ol days!!! glad you had a great bday week, that's the best!!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday! It's so weird to get older... glad you got to party all week! How fun.

Abbey said...

Duh, totally forgot to tell you Happy Bday yesterday! Sorry! It sounds like it was a truly fabulous week for you, how nice! And definitely make sure Gordon gives Ben some tips on how to make that happen! haha

Nick and Hannah said...

I'm a big fat crappy cousin--what the? Anyway--seriously, I thought about you quite a bit on your birthday, but my loserish self didn't take a few minutes to call and tell my fabulous cousin/friend how much I love her! So....I love you and maybe I could invite Gordon to my birthday week---jealous! I Love you! Happy belated!