Saturday, August 23, 2008

Busy Crazy Summer

WOW!! What a CRAZY last month - we were trying to get new renters into our rental house, Gordo & I both got new church callings, & we have had SOOOO much company - it has been super fun but exhausting as well - I don't think I have ever done this much laundry & house cleaning in such a short period of time! Here are some pictures of some of our visitors (starting with the most recent).

These first few pictures are taken at the Mesa Youth Museum. The kids had a great time. Mya is making a flower craft - she loved this! I could hardly get her to do anything else!






Hand puppets were a hit!


Uncle Chimpie, Pierson, & Mya. Someone is not too happy about sharing Uncle P. Colton told Pierson that he was his best friend & Mya was mad at him - even gave him the death glare!




These two sure love their grandma! Mya had a hard time sharing the attention with P. The last two days Mya & Pierson fought like crazy - or more like Mya torturing Pierson - she really knows how to get under his skin!! LOL Oh and there was a little Costco incident - it included 2 screaming toddlers & a whole load of grape juice...



Camille, Ben, & Pierson have been visiting the last few weeks & we took the kids to the Phoenix Museum for Children - it was really cool - the kids had a blast. M & P chillin on the bean bags at the end of our visit (the pictures are backwards - oops).



Mya loved sitting on this bear - I have a ton of pictures of this pose - she wanted me to keep taking pictures of her - which is weird because she hates to have her picture taken.


Cooking up some grub!


Bike riding.

No Mya is not wearing make-up. P just "accidentally" painted her eye!

Pierson & Mya painting a fake house. Some other fun things we did while my sister was in town: Sunsplash (Mya & I went on the big slides on a double tube), 2 museums, Chucky Cheese (twice), outside mall splash pad, the mall, and to the library. My mom & I watched the kids for a few days so that Ben & Camille could have a little couple vacation. We had a lot of fun & Uncle Chimp was a huge help.

Aunt Meg, Mazie, & Mya.

Mya & her new baby cousin Mazie. Mya was so sweet to Mazie. She fed her a bottle, rubbed her tummy when she cried, & gave her lots of loves. Maybe this is a sign that Mya is ready to be a big sister?!?

Mya & Nanna going for a walk in the backyard. They read books & played ball as well. Mya even showed off her dancing skills for Nanna & Coach - a true treat for all!!!
Gordon's parents aka Nanna & Coach. Mya fell in love with Nanna on this visit! She will say "Nanna paste & Nanna chicken" meaning that she wants to save some for Nanna. She talked non-stop about Nanna for weeks. It was great for Mya to have such a good time with them because we don't see them very often.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun fun!! I think i have been there before...
Or maybe it was something else.. like a science center.. IDK.. Fun stuff!

Meg and Jeremy said...

It was great to visit with you. Thanks for letting us stay.

Abbey said...

I need to hear more about the Costco incident! Sounds like fun, all the fam visiting. Now you'll be bored I bet! Mya is so cute, she looks so grown up already.

kayleen said...

Very cute...I too want to hear more about this Costco incident. I miss you guys already!

Camille said...

Thanks for taking such good care of P while we were gone. He had a blast! I really think that Mya should go for the blue eye shadow it looks great on here!! Once again i bet you are so glad everyone is gone. Still it was fun. Thanks for being such an awesome sister!!