Sunday, November 1, 2009

HallOween

I must say that I was expecting Halloween to be an absolute disaster this year. For MONTHS Mya has talked about being Cruella Devil for Halloween & I tried talking her out of it for months (they don't make kid Cruella costumes so that means I would have to get creative & come up with it on my own). SOOOOO I've spent the last few weeks shopping/designing/& making a Cruella costume all for the happiness of my creative child (I am proud of her for being original & sticking to her guns). The night before Halloween we are getting ready to go to the wards Trunk-or-Treat party and Mya REFUSES to wear her freaking Cruella costume - I begged, threatend, NOTHING!!! We ended up not going to the party & on Halloween night Mya decided that she would be.......................................................


Ghost Face - she didn't want me to put make-up on her because it would "sting her eyes". She loves to scare people! So she wore her witch costume from last year w/ the mask from a few years ago... she had a blast & Halloween was so much fun!


My sweet Carley held up her end of the deal & was a dalmation puppy.


We just trick-or-treated in our neighborhood - the weather was wonderful!!




Mya loved passing out candy & was so excited to open the door. As a family we walked the neighborhood for about an hour & then we took Carley home for bed &  Mya & I got the stroller & went back out. Mya was very polite & excited to scare her friends. Her only complaint was that she wanted the candy in her bucket to reach the moon!! When we got back home we sat on the porch & handed out more candy.

P.S. Like my jack-o-lanterns? No pumpkin carving for us this year - I know, I know LAME!!! But the clean up was so easy... LOL

8 comments:

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

ha ha Mya is at it again! I am glad that Halloween turned out great! She looked super cute:)! And I do love your pumpkins!

Kristi said...

Oh no! She wouldn't give in!?!? You are such a great Mom to go ahead with another costume! Super Cute!!!

Abbey said...

Good job comin' up with a substitute costume for Mya!! Haha, I'm kinda glad I didn't have to deal with that... :)
CUTE lil dalmation you have there, good job you guys!!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

I love that she wants to be scary. Jordynn hated her fairy costume and wanted to wear Kade's old batman costume. But I'm mean and wouldn't let her. Glad you guys had fun. We miss you.

kayleen said...

Mya... that little girl is such a poop! ha ha but I still love her to death. Cute pictures! Love you all!

Camille said...

LOL ok that is funny! Good thing P wasnt there he would have been really really scared! She is so cute and Carlys costume turned out great. You should have worn the creulla costume instead!!!!!

KS said...

I love how stubborn Mya is. And I laughed so hard telling Darryl about her costume. She was SOOOO funny in it!

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

That is soo funny! What a cutie! Loved the costumes, even if they were not the ones they were supposed to be.