Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Lola Nicole

Lola Nicole was born November 20th 2014 @ 11:33 a.m. - Mesa, AZ
Weight: 8lbs 10oz - Length: 20in  -Head: 14in  - Chest: 14 1/2in


I was having consistent contractions for several hours. They weren't getting stronger just consistent. Since we had a 45 minute drive to the hospital we decided to head over just in case. Kayleen came over to stay with the older girls. We left them a note to let them know Lola was finally coming.We got to the hospital around 11 p.m. I was dilated to a 4. They had me walk around the hospital for an hour & then checked me in. After the hour I was admitted but my labor was really slow. A few hours in I thought we should just go home because nothing was happening. In the early morning the contractions started getting strong & I got my epidural. My mom stopped by around 10 a.m. to say hi before going to pick Carley up off the bus. The delivery went quick. 3 pushes & then she was out! I had some bleeding so it took extra long to get some internal stitches. We expected her to weigh in the 7 lb range like her sisters but we were all shocked that she weighed almost 9 lbs. She came out chubby cheeked & perfect. I couldn't stop staring. Love at first sight!

Grandpa & Grandma Moose stopped by that evening.

Daddy & his long awaited 3rd baby.

Daddy's baby!

Headed home after a quick 24 hr stay.

Big sister visit!

My mom brought the girls over to meet Lola. Carley said "I've been thinking a lot about what she'll look like". The girls kept asking "Is this a dream?" Carley is more than thrilled to be a big sister. Mya is just fine with it all.
My mom took the girls to eat in the hospital cafeteria after the visit- they were thrilled!

Our little family.

Big sister Carley.

Carley. Mya. Lola

Gordon went home to get some sleep the night Lola was born so she & I had a looong first night together with out much sleep. Very bonding! A side note: my right leg was numb for a very long time after I had her - it wasn't until after 9 p.m. that I was able to get up. lol!

SO grateful for Kayleen & my mom helping out so much. My mom stayed over her b-day to help me. We went to Pete's to celebrate lol. My mom cooked & watched the kids. We had food for about 2 weeks straight. My dad & Cathy brought dinner over one night as well as some good friends. 
We love our Lola - L-O-L-A -Lola!



No comments: