Monday, January 31, 2011

The GIRLS

This past month has been great! Carley has become such a cool chick & is communicating MUCH better which = less whinning & Mya is her same awesome self! Here are a few pictures that make us smile.

It's always fun to sit on a stool, eat fruit, & laugh!


Carley LOVES high heels & shoes in general. She will move her shoes of choice over to a wall & balence herself against it to get them on. This time she wanted to wear a crown as well. I love to watch her walk around in heels - it makes me laugh.

According to Mya this was "the best day ever" which usually means there was a BIG mess involved... oh was there ever a mess! Both girls were soaked from head to toe from playing in the sprinklers & covered in mud. Dumped dirt in the grass & picked almost all of the oranges off the tree. I had to strip them down & hose them off before they came in (which they thought was super cool). Silly girls!

Carley LOVES to watch Mya dance & really likes to shake her booty. So you can imagine how happy she was to get to wear Mya's tu-tu for a while.

While Gordon & I were finishing dinner the other night the girls were up stairs playing. This is what we came up to. Mya had dressed Carley up as a princess & herself up as a prince. SOO adorable!

Some of our favorite Carley words: "I got Sprite", "stop no isses" (kisses), "sassy", "no" while pointing her finger, "Elmo", "ho ho" for Santa, "pay" (play), "teat" (treat), "blay" (blanket).


Mya gave her first talk in Primary yesterday. She wanted Gordon to help her. Her topic was "The scriptures are the word of God". She shared one of her favorite scripture stories Daniel & the Lions Den. She even colored a picture showing Daniel in the den as a visual aid. She did great!
Carley went into nursery with out crying for the first time yesterday! Yippee! She also colored her first nursery picture. Before church Mya asked for her nails to be painted & so Carley of course wants the same. So anyway when I look at her nursery picture it's scribbled on & then I notice that Jesus has perfectly colored red feet. It took me a minute & I asked Carley if Jesus had his toenails painted she responded by taking off her shoes & socks to show me her painted nails. SOOOOO funny! I can't believe that would come to her mind hours later & that she colored the feet so well! 

1 comment:

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

CUTE pictures! Loved the nursery story also, soo funny!