We went to the pageant at the temple with the mutual. We go every year and it is always nice, but this year I took Mya. She enjoyed waving and talking to the cast before we started. I explained the basics of what we were going to watch. I explained that actors were telling Jesus' story. When it started I thought she would loose interest quickly, but she was very engaged. She was very excited to see Jesus and Mary. She was so impressed when Jesus was healing the children. All through the show she asked to be on stage with Jesus. She really believed it was him and wanted to be with him. I reminded her that it was a man pretending to tell the story. She has never listened like that before. When the tomb was empty I witnessed to her that I knew Jesus was alive and loved her. When I was telling her I felt like it was a moment captured from the best in my life. My sweet princess daughter was taking the first steps in building her testimony and I felt deeper than ever before in my life that I did know he lives. I knew that Heavenly Father wants me to share that with my girls and that's why he sent them to my family. Of course her crazy self was back when at the end (Jesus is lifted on the platform high above everyone) Mya yelled embarrassingly loud, "look Jesus is flying". It was a great moment for me.
Mya has been talking about the pageant a lot since. The day after we were driving in the car & Carley was crying I asked Mya "what's wrong with Carley"? She replied "she needs to see Jesus". She's been asking a lot of good questions about the atonment & has been telling me about her experience ("he didn't die when they put the nails in, he died on the cross & now he has prints in his hands"). It's really sweet to see her faith at such a young age. I'm also so thankful for a husband that has such a strong testimony & love for Christ.



3 comments:
I often think my kids are too young to understand these great Eternal truths, but in every Gospel conversation they end up teaching me. Love the Easter dresses. Your girls are SO cute!
Such a cute story!!! I love when kids learn more and more and how it feeds those fires in them!!!
I LOVE the pics with the dresses - gorgeous! And the pic of Mya with Gordon is priceless!!!
What a sweet little story! I'm a little worried about Ada's testimony since she keeps getting put in time out in Sunbeams! Ha ha. Maybe Mya can set a good example for her! :) Love, love, love the Easter dress pictures too! Such beautiful girls! And I cannot get over Carley's cute smile!
Post a Comment