Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just Mya

Just a little Mya update. The terrible two's have shown their face but come and go. Each day is a new adventure & I'm never sure if I'm going to get a sweetheart or a monster but it makes each day shocking & fun!
Mya is starting to let me do her hair more if she sits in her sink & picks out what goes in her hair - this is a HUGE accomplishment for us - there have been far too many days of crying & screaming on both ends due to hair battles. So YEA! The first 2 pictures are of her with ponytails that actually stayed in all day (no crying). Don't you love the array of hair products she already has!! LOL!
Mya also is starting to talk a lot more (in the past 2 months) she asks me at least 50 times a day "mom are you happy?" & "mom what are you doing". So sweet & funny! The other day she dropped something and said "crap!" And if I'm ever upset she'll say "it's ok mom". Mya is really helpful & most of the time likes to help clean.
I had to lay down the law about nap time & she's been back to taking a 2 1/2 hour nap with out getting out of bed (after a 30 minute quite time)!! I'm so happy!! I had about a week where I thought I was going to lose my mind!
She told me the other day "I am a big sister". So I think that she is getting use to the idea about another kid joining the family.
She still LOVES to pretend & is expanding what she likes to watch on T.V. Dora & Care Bears are two of her new favorites. She loves parties & friends. Gordon & I are so proud of her she is really a sweetie with a HUGE personality.



Never accept an Easter egg from Mya - she fills hers with ground beef! Gross!!! This is where she put the remainder of her dinner last Sunday - ha ha!!


6 comments:

Camille said...

Nic- I love love love how you did her piggies. They are so dang cute. Mya is going to be such a heart breaker when she is older...that is if the boys can keep up with her. Today P said "i want to invite Mya, Aunt Nikki and whats the other girls name...(pause) oh yeah uncle gordon to my b day party." lol So glad naps and hair are going well for now.

kayleen said...

SO SO SO CUTE!!! Aw man I can't wait to see you guys!!! Love you!

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

Her hair looks SO cute! She is funny, I love the egg!

KS said...

What a cutie! I love the pigtails - can't wait to see them in person one of these days! And I love the ground beef in the Easter egg. She's so creative. :)

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

she is way cute! Yeah for the hair! Which reminds me, when do you want to do bows? any time this week is fine for me just let me know what works and we can get together!!

Kent Palmer Family said...

Mya is a character, the girls loved playing with her. We will have to come down again soon or you might have to come up here, maybe for Ashton's 3rd birthday in June. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.